When: July 31 – August 3, 2019
Who: Any youth that is currently a MiaMaid/Teacher, or Laurel/Priest
Where: Deseret Land and Livestock (Just outside of Evanston, WY)
What will you need to do?
- Download and fill out the Youth Permission and Medical Release Form, and give it to your YM/YM Secretary by June 1st, 2019.
- Gather some comfortable pioneer clothing that fits an 1840’s time period.
- Bring a few pairs of walking shoes that won’t give you blisters.
- Be prepared to walk 7 miles a day, and sing… all with a smile.
- Develop a happy attitude and appreciation for what others do for you.
- Look forward to tons of fun with over 500 other youth from the Stake!
We’ll jump on buses on the morning of July 31st, where you will meet your new Trek Family. When we arrive, we will gather as families and put our things into a handcart and begin our trek. Trek will challenge you in many ways, especially physically – but you will like it! We will be challenged to stay happy and do it. We will meet new people and enjoy it. We will sleep in tents for 3 nights and have super-duper good food. We will look for ways to be helpful. We will sing, dance, play and appreciate. When we have arrived after walking and walking and walking, we will be grateful, humble and peaceful. You will like it, if you want to.
We love you a whole bunch and want you to be so happy! Let your leaders know if you have any suggestions to make it a great experience. And, if you can’t come, it’s okay … but we’ll miss you BAD
– Anita & Gordon Todd (Trail Bosses)